Library Loan Periods
Overdue and Fines
Currently, SWCC Library does not charge late fees for overdue materials. Please return all materials to the Library or renew materials (see the Renewals section below). Patrons will be notified of overdue Library materials. For non-returned materials and damaged materials, actual replacement costs and processing fees will be charged, and third and final notices will be mailed with cost replacement and processing fee amounts.
Current fees and previous overdue fines are reported to the SWCC Business Office on a quarterly basis which can result in a blockage of transcript retrieval and/or enrolling for classes until the obligation is met.
Fee and fine payments may be made at the SWCC Library Circulation Desk in the form of cash, check, or money order (no debit/credit cards at this time). Arrangements can be made for mailing payments to SWCC Library, P.O. SVCC, Richlands, VA 24641. Please call the Circulation Desk (276-964-7265) for payment amounts and details for payment options.
Library users are responsible for all materials checked out on their cards. Materials loaned to another person or jointly used for research projects are the responsibility of the person charging the materials to his/her account.
We encourage you to renew your materials. Community patrons cannot renew through their library accounts, but can renew by phone, in person, or by the online renewal method.
Students and faculty/staff may renew by either method.
- If you are on campus, just come by the circulation desk in the library to renew your materials.
- You can also phone: 276.964.7265 to renew; just have your card# ready.
- You can also renew online using the form below (e-mail address is required to renew electronically.)
Renewing via your library account (for students and faculty/staff, only)
- Click on the online library catalog link here.
- Click on My Account found in the blue header; enter your SWCC Username and password.
- Scroll to the right and change the library to Southwest Virginia.
- In the Activities area, click the number of items (Loans) that you have in your school listing (SWC50).
- Click on the number of the item you want to renew. If available, click on the Renew link and the item will be renewed. If the Renew link is not available, the item cannot be renewed.
- Don’t forget to sign-out of your account when you are finished.
Items that are already overdue or that have reached their renewal limit cannot be renewed. Please call or come by the library to renew or return item(s).
Please be advised renewal may be refused due to:
- Certain items are restricted as to the number of times they can be renewed.
- Another patron has placed a hold on the item.
- The item(s) are overdue.