MYSouthwest (Navigate / SIS / Canvas / Gmail)
Already know how to use MYSouthwest? Login to MYSouthwest
The MYSouthwest System is for use by students of Southwest to:
- access the NAVIGATE system for advising and course selection, access to college email account, CANVAS (course assignments and materials) and your Student Accounts (registration, financial aid & personal information)
- manage your curriculum progress using the Degree section of Self Service
- manage your term class schedules using the Enrollment section of Self Service
- monitor your Financial Records and pay tuition using the Campus Finances section of Self Service
- view Academic records such as term grades and transcripts using the Academic Records section
Password Security & Reset - Self Service & Assisted
To reset your password, navigate to the MYSouthwest login page and click Forgot Password
- Enter Your account username. If you do not remember your username please use the Username lookup tool.
- Answer your security questions. (If you do not have security questions set please use the Advanced Password Reset tool or contact one of the people listed in the phone list below)
- Enter and verify new password following password security standards. Click "OK"
- You will see a message "Your password has been reset and notification of the change has been emailed to you" Click Return to Signin page button.
Enroll & Access Schedules
If you receive an error message during add/drop activity, please note the numeric error number provided for you. Contact Admissions & Records (Phone: 276.964.7238, or email firstname.lastname@example.org ) and provide the number to resolve the error in your transaction. Some students/classes may require enrollment permission or pre-requisite.
You can enroll for classes at any time through MYSouthwest . However, please be aware of the following:
- All new students are required to meet with an academic adviser before registering. You may schedule an advising session using the Navigate system in MYSouthwest.
- Students are required to take a Student Development class within their first 15 credits.
- You have a lifetime limit on the number of college credits that can be paid for using Federal Financial Aid. If you are unsure about whether or not a class is beneficial for your degree goals, ASK YOUR ADVISOR.
Things You Need to Know to Keep your MYSouthwest Account Secure
Student records in MYSouthwest are confidential but it is up to each student to properly maintain and protect their access information using these guidelines.
- Your Username and Password are case-sensitive.
- When you apply using our Web Application a default password is assigned when your account is created and this default password is given to you. Upon your first login YOU MUST CHANGE this default password to a secure password that you choose. Use the "Username Lookup" option to access the password wizard and create your own secure password. You will be required to change your password every 6 months (180 days). NOTE: A new method of verification using an assigned code will be implemented Summer of 2021.
- Don't share your Username or EmplID and Password with ANYONE.
- Use the system bar to navigate, not the browser menu bar.
- Don't forget to Logout and CLOSE YOUR BROWSER because someone using the same computer after you may be able to access your account.
Grades & Transcripts
A Southwest Virginia Community College transcript may ONLY be requested through the Parchment Transcript Request ServiceRequest Official Transcript
We do not accept online transcript requests through SIS or written requests for transcripts.
If you want to view your unofficial transcript from all terms, follow the steps below.
LOGIN to MYSouthwest >Select Student Information System >Click on Self Service> Click on Academic Records >Click on View Unofficial Transcript >Select the Institution >Select the report type >Unofficial Transcript >Click on GO
Your full unofficial transcript will display to view/print.
LOGIN to MYSouthwest > Select Student Information System >Click on Self Service >Click on Academic Records >Click on View My Grades >Select the term for the grades you want to view.
Your course grade history will display for that term.