Paying For College
Contact UsClass enrollment at Southwest Virginia Community College is not official until your tuition is paid in full. Tuition becomes due on the first day of class, and is due upon enrollment after the term is underway. The date that tuition becomes due is published on the MYSouthwest login page for each semester.
Ways to Pay
Financial Aid Awards
Complete your FAFSA application and enter SWCC’s code of 007260. Your FAFSA award information will be received by SWCC’s Financial Aid office and your award will be made based on your FAFSA results. (see also how to apply for financial aid)
Information about FAFSA awards:
1. If you have applied for Financial Aid (PELL, SEOG, CSAP) and your award has been made, your tuition will be charged to your Financial Aid account, viewable at MYSouthwest>Campus Finances>Account Inquiry. You will receive an award letter from Southwest once your application is complete and award determination is made.
2. If you are a Financial Aid applicant and have not received an award letter, you can verify that your award process has been completed at MYSouthwest>Campus Finances>View Financial Aid.
3. If you are a Financial Aid applicant and your award is not found by viewing your Financial Aid information using item 2 above, contact the Financial Aid office.
4. REMEMBER your financial aid award is based on full time enrollment (12+ credit hours). If you are a part-time student, you should contact financial aid to determine whether your assistance will cover your tuition.
The SWCC Educational Foundation, Inc. administers many scholarships for the benefit of SWCC students. A student with a 2.5 (C) GPA or greater is encouraged to apply for scholarships. However, some scholarships do accept lower GPAs, so any student may apply. Based upon application responses, applicants will be matched by the Scholarship Office to scholarships for which they qualify. See scholarship application page.
If you do not have financial aid, or your financial aid does not cover all of your tuition, you can pay your tuition by any of the following ways:
Short Term Loans
If you filed a late financial aid application or you are not eligible for financial aid, you can apply for an interest-free 60 day short term loan through the Financial Aid office by completing an application and supplying a co-signer who is 21 years of age. Students can apply for low interest student loans through Eastman Credit Union or call 800.999.2328 .
Pay Tuition in Business Office
Pay by cash, check, MasterCard, VISA or Discover at the Student One-Stop Center on the 1st floor of Tazewell Hall OR
mail payment to SWCC Business Office, POB SVCC, Richlands, VA 24641.
Make checks and money orders payable to Southwest Virginia Community College. Tuition must be paid in the exact amount due.
QuikPAY® Online Services
Pay your tuition using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or E-checking by logging into MYSouthwest and using QuikPAY. QuikPAY is a full service eCommerce solution that allows you to make payments to your student accounts online. This service is provided free of charge to you and no signup is necessary. All current students are automatically enrolled in QuikPAY.
To Access QuikPAY® from SIS – Student Information System
2. Click on Student Center and click on “Go to QuikPAY” (see example on left)
This will bring you to the QuikPAY® Application and you will land on the QuikPAY® Message Board
For assistance using this feature, contact the SWCC Business Office, 276.964.7215