Paying For College
Low Tuition Rates
Students who attend Southwest Virginia Community College can realize significant savings on educational costs when compared to 4 year or private colleges. See our current Tuition & Fees information
The Net Price Calculator can give you an estimate of the cost of your education at SWCC and let you compare that cost to 4 year universities.
In accordance with Section 23.1-307 (D) of the Code of Virginia, the State Board for Community Colleges provides notice that it will consider tuition and mandatory fee increases for Virginia’s Community Colleges, effective fall 2019, at 9 a.m., May 16, 2019, at 300 Arboretum Place, Richmond, Va.
The State Board will consider tuition and mandatory fee increases of between 0 percent and 2.4 percent for all undergraduate students, subject to provisions of the 2019 session of the General Assembly.
The community colleges will use revenue generated from any increase in tuition and mandatory fees to pay for:
- Increased state employee compensation and fringe benefit costs;
- Operation and maintenance of new buildings;
- Technology infrastructure upgrades;
- Contractual obligations; and
- Investments in strategic initiatives to improve student access, engagement, and success
Ways to Pay
Financial Aid Awards
Filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step to receiving financial aid through SWCC.
Complete your FAFSA application and enter SWCC’s code of 007260. Your FAFSA award information will be received by SWCC’s Financial Aid office and your award will be made based on your FAFSA results. (see how to apply for financial aid)
Information about FAFSA awards:
1. If you have applied for Financial Aid (PELL, SEOG, CSAP) and your award has been made, your tuition will be charged to your Financial Aid account, viewable at MYSouthwest>Campus Finances>Account Inquiry. You will receive an award letter from Southwest once your application is complete and award determination is made.
2. If you are a Financial Aid applicant and have not received an award letter, you can verify that your award process has been completed at MYSouthwest>Campus Finances>View Financial Aid.
3. If you are a Financial Aid applicant and your award is not found by viewing your Financial Aid information using item 2 above, contact the Financial Aid office.
4. REMEMBER your financial aid award is based on full time enrollment (12+ credit hours). If you are a part-time student, you should contact financial aid to determine whether your assistance will cover your tuition.
The SWCC Educational Foundation, Inc. administers many scholarships for the benefit of SWCC students. A student with a 2.5 (C) GPA or greater is encouraged to apply for scholarships. However, some scholarships do accept lower GPAs, so any student may apply. Based upon application responses, applicants will be matched by the Scholarship Office to scholarships for which they qualify. See scholarship application page.
If you do not have financial aid, or your financial aid does not cover all of your tuition, you can pay your tuition by any of the following ways:
Short Term Loans
If you filed a late financial aid application or you are not eligible for financial aid, you can apply for an interest-free 60 day short term loan through the Financial Aid office by completing an application and supplying a co-signer who is 21 years of age. Students can apply for low interest student loans through Eastman Credit Union or call 800.999.2328 .
TMS Tuition Payment Plan
Pay Tuition at the Cashier’s Office
Pay by cash, check, MasterCard, VISA or Discover at the Student One-Stop Center on the 1st floor of Tazewell Hall
OR mail payment to SWCC Business Office, POB SVCC, Richlands, VA 24641.
Make checks and money orders payable to Southwest Virginia Community College. Tuition must be paid in the exact amount due.
QuikPAY® Online Services
Pay your tuition using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or E-checking by logging into MYSouthwest and using QuikPAY. QuikPAY is a full service eCommerce solution that allows you to make payments to your student accounts online. This service is provided free of charge to you and no signup is necessary. All current students are automatically enrolled in QuikPAY.
To Access QuikPAY® from SIS – Student Information System
2. Click on Student Center and click on “Go to QuikPAY” (see example on left)
This will bring you to the QuikPAY® Application and you will land on the QuikPAY® Message Board
For assistance using this feature, contact the SWCC Business Office, 276.964.7215
Contact UsStudents who may have further questions about paying for classes can contact us for more information. Class enrollment at Southwest Virginia Community College is not official until your tuition is paid in full. Tuition becomes due on the first day of class, and is due upon enrollment after the term is underway.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
Southwest Virginia Community College does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
The college is subject to Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; the Equal Pay Act; the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Federal Executive Order 11246; Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA); Virginia’s State Executive Order Number Two; and all other applicable rules and regulations.