Tazewell County CONNECT | Tuition Free College
****"According to Charles Stacy and Travis Hackworth of the Tazewell County Board of Supervisors, tuition free college funding will continue for Tazewell County 2019 and 2020 high school graduates through the 2020 summer and fall semesters.
Beyond the fall 2020 semester, the Board is evaluating options and may add additional eligibility criteria for students to qualify for the funding." Read more
- All 2020 Tazewell County high school graduates residing in Tazewell County, with at least a 2.0 GPA are eligible to receive last-dollar funding to attend Southwest Virginia Community College.
- Students graduating from private schools, home schools, or receiving their GED are also eligible.
- Students must apply for financial aid (FAFSA) first.
- The scholarship is intended to cover any tuition and fees that are remaining after federal funding or other financial aid.
- Students will need to enroll in a minimum of 6 tuition-free credit hours each semester.
- Participation in the College's "Eagle Project" Days of Service will also be required.
- While the cost of books is not included, many students qualify for scholarships that can cover this cost.
- Funding available for Pell-eligible program-required courses only.
For more details about this program call 276-964-7724.