Tazewell County CONNECT | Tuition Free College
- Tazewell County high school graduates from 2019 onward
- Dependent on the County’s annual budget which begins each year on July 1.
- Graduates must have a GPA of 2.5 upon high school graduation
- Private school and homeschool graduates are eligible to apply
- Be a resident of Tazewell County since January 1 of their graduation year
- Financial assistance shall be given for six continuous semesters after high school graduation, starting no later than the subsequent fall term
- One hour of community service for every one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125) received is required.
- APPLICATION IS DUE BY MAY 1 FOR THE FOLLOWING ACADEMIC YEAR.
"Community colleges have never been more relevant than they are today. The average incoming salary of someone with a two-year degree is higher than those with other credentials or no degree at all. The opportunity for graduates to obtain new jobs or level up to a higher position with their current employer, which increases their pay and disposable income, is a game-changer for many families and the local economy." - Dr. Tommy Wright, President of Southwest Virginia Community College
For more details about this program call 276-964-7724.